Friday 27 June 2014

Flowery baby blankie

This blanket is for my little niece who hasn't been born yet....She is due around Aug 6th and I can't wait to meet her.... I will be an Auntie at last. A long time coming!

I made the pattern up for this blanket from lots of things I've made before. I am thrilled with the result, it is very girly and that shade of lilac is stunning.

The colours  and brands are as follows:  Robin brand DK - Myrtle. Stylecraft special DK- Fondant & Candyfloss.  New Fashion DK - Glacia.

This was such a pleasure to make if not a bit fiddly!

I made a lot of these flowers!


Then joined in the green on the back loops of the petals to make a square shape and finished off into a granny square in the lilac colour.


                                                          I then joined as I went along....


                                                                       Getting bigger....






                                                Lulu thinks it there for her to snuggle into!



                                                                     Almost there.....


                                                 I finished off with  pretty shell edging.







                           Hope the baby has many happy years snuggling into her blankie. :)

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful blanket, your crochet is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne, Your crochet is beautiful too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is gorgeous, and I love the poncho! Bless Lulu, she's adorable! Ralphy would love her ... they should have a doggie date : ) x

    ReplyDelete