Tuesday 1 March 2011

Old Rye Town

I get transported  back in time when I visit this charming old town...

The Mint


Crooked houses and streets...



Antiques centre

Old Bell pub


Pottering around the antique shops, old fashioned sweet jar shops,{real memories of childhood in those jars}
Colourful window display
Art works, kitchen and pottery shops, cosy candlelit restaurants, beautiful churches..
Love this local's artwork


 Strolling along it's quaint cobbled streets,  relaxing with a nice glass of wine, by cosy pub fires in deep winter, or sitting sheltered under the gnarled and twisted Wisteria outside the Old Bell pub on a balmy evening in midsummer...




Beautiful church
Cosy pub fire
 





Proper bakers -Simon the Pieman




Valentines steak dinner


B and I went two weeks ago for Valentines day, it wasn't  planned that way, but was nice all the same to have a child free day and night. Nice? it was BLISS! To do what you want when you want, I forget the feeling of freedom, as I have 3 year old in tow 24/7.



I have been in all weathers, and its my secret romantic hidey hole, and I will revisit again and again...


As I was away for valentines day, daughter and I made these as a belated marker the following day


Happy hearts

                                       Happy times!

2 comments:

  1. That apple slice in the bakers window looks delicious. I love the houses, very quaint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes my husband always goes here especially for a slice of that!

    ReplyDelete