Monday 4 April 2011

Restorative weekend

We have spent our weekend restoring this lovely dresser picked up from a  local charity shop for a bargain price, I did manage to haggle them down :) The sanding down was a pain, and the paint was a one coat satin which took forever to dry, but I'm so pleased with the result, I LOVE it so much, makes my kitchen feel very cosy and welcoming, more of a farmhouse feel, and has given me loads of much needed storage space.

These dressers are really expensive to buy this way, done up, NO WAY was I paying what they are charging in out local trendy Shabby Chic Emporium type shops, just a bit of graft and a tin of paint, VOILA!


Before






After...TA DAH!!
    I have been scouring bootsales for the past few weeks to find some old vintage plates and jugs to dress it, and have been lucky every week that I have gone,  got most bits and bobs for 20p ,50p.

I have some lovely pieces left to me by my two departed grandmothers, which i've been waiting to display for ages, like this gorgeous 1930's coffee set which belonged to my great grandmother, I have the whole set, but just put a few pieces of it out.

Royal doulton 1930's coffee set






My  younger son bought me this plate from a boot sale yesterday, which I love, and this little table, which got attacked with the paint aswell yesterday.

Mothers day plate


Bootsale find

I had a 'funny' mother's card from eldest son, and a lovely card from my little one, and a handmade heart, don't  these handmade cards just make you melt...

It's cherry blossom, Love it!! With her little message inside.:) We all had a lovely lunch out.





 
Bless...


All in all a productive and  most enjoyble weekend! Hope you had a good one too. xx

3 comments: