Saturday 19 April 2014

Harper's daisy blankie

I made this blanket for my friend's little girl Harper, who is one month old now. She is THE cutest little baby.

I started off making lots of little daisies which would then become the centre of the square



 The daisies were then crocheted around as opposed to be sewing on top afterwards.  I used Stylecraft special DK colours in :

Lemon, white, Iced pink, Fondant and Cupid. As always on my 4mm hook

This blanket worked up quite fast.  I referred to This pattern.  I used a different pattern for the center of the daisy as I wanted something more solid looking. There are 48 squares in total, finished off with a scalloped edge.

In progress:


The blanket is a good cot size.






Hope you enjoy your blankie in the years to come little Harper. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment