Monday 23 January 2012

Learning to drive

I was just looking back to my post from last year Time for a change . BOY!  Was I eager to get my lessons started, but didn't have the means then.

I started in November just gone, so have nearly 3 months under my belt, I've had 16 lessons with my instructor. She is brilliant, I recommend her highly!  I feel very relaxed with her.  http://www.jaynessom.co.uk/

Last Saturday I bought my first little car, a black KA, and I love her! She is called Betty, an old girl at 14 years. She has done 65,000 miles, and runs really well. I Can't believe how much the insurance is though!!

  I'm now at a level where I'm ready to go out with my hubby at weekends to practise, and that is exactly what I have done. I totalled up 7 hours this past week, so has really brought me on, it's very tiring though. I'm still finding roundabouts a bit tricky, and traffic lights at crossroads. I find some manoeuvres are a bit difficult, but my reversing/parallel parking is getting better. Practise is the key, this is the hardest most challenging thing I've EVER done. I wonder when I will be ready to take my test? I suppose you just 'know'? I SO SO want to pass first time, hope my nerves don't get the better of me!

I'm dreaming of my freedom in the months to come, and that is keeping me going!

Here she is... Black Betty. Not bad for an old banger hey?



A bit of T cut, spit and polish and came up lovely!

1 comment:

  1. Well done with the driving lessons and congratulations on your car purchase. I tell ya, you won't know yourself once you can drive everywhere. FREEDOM!! :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete