Monday 9 January 2012

My take on Coronation Chicken.

This is one of my favourite ways to eat leftover chicken. There are so many versions of this, but this is my own adaptation. I'm not a fan with raisins in it :( Use your imagination and add the things you like. Brilliant for Lo Carbers!

Good uses are:

Nice lunch with a crisp green salad, or or in a warm baguette/ Tortilla wrap/Sandwich filler.

Also good as a jacket potato topping.


Incorporated into a  cold buffet,  on Bruschetta, Vol au vent filler.



You can vary ingredients used, as to what you may have in fridge/cupboard.

You will need :

Cold chicken/turkey
1/2 onion fried
Mayonnaise/Natural yogurt/Greek yogurt/Creme Fraiche-whatever you have that may need using up.
Mild curry powder
Fresh coriander
Teaspoon Bringal pickle or mango chutney.
Few chopped nuts, walnuts and unsalted toasted cashews are good. *leave out if you don't like*

Mix all of the above,  with the nuts and fresh coriander.




YUM!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the look of this! Can you do some carb free recipes too? x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had Coronation Chicken but this looks yummy!

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete