Thursday 21 August 2014

Cornwall 2014

For any of you that know me, you know how much I love Cornwall and that I go every year.

We set off very early on Saturday the 9th August, car packed to the hilt, with lot's of lovely things to eat, and I had my crochet blanket to be working on. :)

 Lulu had her basket on the back seat, and was quite cosy for the long journey ahead. She did get a bit grumbly on the last leg of the journey, but was a good girl mostly.






We did it in record time, 6 1/2 hours, fastest time to date!

We like to mostly visit St Ives, Perranporth, Holywell Bay, & surrounding areas so we booked a cottage in Truro which was fairly central and would accommodate 5 of us ~ my mum, and step father were also joining us this year. The cottage didn't disappoint. It had lots of character, was very spacious and very well equipped and had a large enclosed garden for the 2 doggies to run freely in, and a nice patio to sit out on. The garden was lovely and quite wild.... .filled with Hydrangeas and ferns, I cut some and put into a vase outside.






We were all a bit worried as there was rain forecast for nearly every day for the coming week, but were extremely lucky in that the rain came either at night or early morning just before we headed out on our daily outings.  The sun shone every day!

Our week mainly consisted of visiting St Ives, where we settled on Balzamar beach cove which is dog friendly all year round. Sadie got to body board in the waves, make sandcastles and made lots of friends.   Lulu had a great time digging in the sand, pinching all the other dogs balls, running in to the water and generally running herself ragged with her canine pals.













I did lots of window shopping in the cobbled back streets. We ate lots of pasties, cream teas, ice creams, and fresh fish and chips. Yummy!








 In the evenings back at the cottage we drank lots of wine and vodka and listened to our favourite music and chatted about our day, and  had lots of laughs. :) The dogs wore each other out play fighting but eventually settled down....








Sadie and Nana





Sadie did some fine beach combing, and was thrilled to find a piece of blue and white pottery and a small piece of green sea glass. She always finds me the loveliest of stones and shells,  she bought some little shell creatures with her pocket money. Such simple pleasures....I can remember this being one of the best parts of my childhood holidays. :)




All the cottages in St Ives are teensy but the owners really know how to present them in a the best way. I love this little front terrace, so inviting....



I want a fishy door knocker!




Lovely pub in Holywell Bay

Cornwall summed up....



All in all a wonderful week.....



 It was with heavy heart packing up to come back to Essex. IF I could live in Cornwall I would do it in a shot,'' sigh''.... Maybe one day.

Until next year, Lovely Cornwall.  We've already booked. :)

4 comments:

  1. It looks and sounds like you had a wonderful holiday in Cornwall. I fell in love with the county when we visited in 2012, so different to our landscape down here. Thanks for sharing.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a simply stunningly beautiful coastline, my heart belongs there! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a lovely post :-) Cornwall is such a magical place, and I remember buying similar shell creatures myself as a child - I remember we once spent a months holiday touring through it in our camper van. Thanks for bringing those memories back - and tell Sadie I love the shells she collected, so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jodie, hope you're enjoying your break too. The weather has definitely changed and I'm loving it, Autumn is here and I'm already cosying up and lighting candles in the evenings....Just bought myself some lovely Yankee's. :) x

      Delete