Tuesday 7 December 2010

38 years young....

Yesterday morning I turned 38, ~clinging on to those 30's now~ I was woken to the sound of my gorgeous little daughter singing happy birthday, and jumping on my bed, handing me my birthday cards.I had a lovely day, didn't do any thing special, as husband is taking me up to London on Wednesday for a lovely lunch, and then on to see Wicked,  am really looking foward to that!


Blossom lights

Funky chilli lights
Presents recieved~ Red cherry blossom lights, and perfume bought by me (as husband is crap at buying me presents (usually a kitchen gadget)  Nigella~ kitchen book and chocolates from mum, red chilli pepper lights, from nan.These all look so fab in my kitchen, which is starting to resemble a grotto!  Also gratefully recieved,  a decent red wine from elder brother, and  Hugh Fearnley- Whittinstall book River cottage everyday book from younger brother, I feel truly honoured as neither usually remember, let alone buy me pressies!

Named sieve
My eldest son got me zilch, as claims he has no money as he is jobless, well that's his excuse ( he never saves, spends as soon as its in his hand) younger gave me his gifts on Sunday afternoon, as was going back to his dads, and wouldn't be seeing me on my actual birthday.As we say goodbye he opened the  boot of car, and hands me a sieve, yes a sieve, with price tag attached. He must have spent 2 hrs in TK Max on Saturday looking for a mum appropiate present, when I asked why he bought me it, he said 'well your old one hasn't got a handle has it?'  To which I replied 'yes but it still functions!'  he then said 'well I did get you something else, but its in my drawer in our room,' I asked 'why?' and he said 'beacuse I stood on it, and broke it, have a look when you get home'.

Once I got home,  I recovered a  beautiful glass blue flower with a broken stem, from sons drawer, it's not something I would have chosen myself, but it is nonetheless lovely, so he did put some thought into it after all! The stem was far too long anyway, but the main part was still intact so I have popped it in a pot next to my cactus, in front of my window so I can look at it when im washing up.





Blue flower

So after a nice lunch with mum and brothers, the biggest suprise ever, doorbell rings, my Christmas tree turned up! YAY! I was so pleased, as I always put my tree up in time for my birthday, so mum and I set it all up, and little one helped decorate it whilst listening to Carols.

I am really pleased with the tree, as have always had a real one, and was dubious about ordering a fake one online, as they never look like they do in the the pictures, but it actually looks better in real life, its hard to tell its a fake, it has a very natural shape, so hurrah, No needles and limp tree this year! It is rather large though, takes over my lounge, that's ok, I will move to a bigger house to accomadate it!

Had a scrummy lunch of melty cheese and bacon ciabattas and homemade chunky coleslaw,and as no one else was going to make me a cake, I made a pavlova, always a fave.

Pav
Finished the day with a few glasses of wine supplied by friends K and P;) with hubby, in candlelight, adoring my tree.

1 comment:

  1. what a gorgeous day you had:
    lucky girl:
    have a super time at the show!
    catch you soon young lady ^_*
    x

    ReplyDelete