Monday 27 December 2010

Post Xmas blues...

Hello, hope you all had a lovely Xmas day, all went fairly well in my house, apart from my oven being a bit overworked,  I still managed to get lunch ready for 2pm, so that was good. I always feel a bit down in the dumps when its all over, its such a big build up, and kind of give a big sigh of relief after xmas day.

My children have all been ill over the xmas period, so has been bit fraught to say the least, my little 3 year old has caught  a nasty cold-cough virus,from her brothers, so has been very unwell the last 3 days, not sleeping at night etc, so I haven't even managed to have a few glasses of wine and chill out yet, so I'm a bit fed up to say the least, as have worked hard, and need a bit of me time....

I will most definitely make up for it in the New year!

Leftovers

Anyway, we went out for lunch yesterday, so today I cooked the leftovers from the xmas dinner, I LOVE this as  much as the dinner itself. Its amazing how some cold veg, potatos and sausages can be transformed by a chopped fried onion and some crispy bacon. Delicious, we will have with some cold meat and gravy this afternoon.


Bubble and Squeak
 Well not much to do today as have a sick child, except stay in , keep cosy, watch more xmas repeats, cuddles and calpol.

WHAT FUN! :( Roll on the spring!

5 comments:

  1. oh dear! know that virus as we had it the week before: still have stupid cough so watch out, it lingers:
    Mama cuddles are the best medicine you know:
    get well soon little one and make sure you take care Jen ~ you don't want it creeping up on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny you have my sympathy, my Elizabeth very poorly all week leading up to Christmas, none of us got any sleep as she could not sleep at night for coughing. Also my big boy had it and Graham as well been very poorly! I have somehow managed to avoid having it but yes, lets roll on a chill out time for all us overworked mummies! p.s. Me and Kim want to go and see Voyage of the Dawn treader one evening soon, any chance of you escaping? xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dee,hasn't just about everybody had it? I am soo lucky not to have caught it, but I just know it's going to happen at some point!

    Vicky, yes please, |I love the Narnia films, so let me know when your going, I would be very glad to escape! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jenny, I'm sorry to hear you have had an ill family over Christmas. It's the one time of the year when we like to be healthy and sometimes it just doesn't happen. I do hope you little one improves very soon and you get that much needed me time.
    Take care,
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Anne, thanks for your kind words, hope the finger is healing well! x

    ReplyDelete