Wednesday 31 October 2012

5 little witches....

I had a small Halloween party for my girl and her pals yesterday, which was fun, but very hard work, it took a lot of thought and planning. I worked for 2 days at making props, baking scary cakes and witchy fingers. The spookifying of my kitchen was a challenge. I downloaded some scary labels and made some myself which I stained with teabags. I stuck to bottles and jars I had collected and filled them with gross looking food stuff-found in the cupboards.






















We had scary music sounds, the lights down low,and candles lit.

We did pumpkin carving with the help of 3 other adults, which was most welcome!

We played musical statues to the Monster Mash.

We did face painting.

We ate hot dogs sausage rolls, werewolf cupcakes, Ghostly Mini Pavlovas.


 The girls wouldn't touch the finger biscuits, they were so delish too, just a straightforward shortbread recipe, with some green food colouring! Recipe Here

 More for us to eat then, very nice dunked in a cuppa :)




There was lots of shrieking, tears (from my one, think the excitement was all a bit much) and good fun!!

We are off out tonight to knock on a few neighbours doors, then an early night, I certainly need it.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW, you did a fantastic job with the decorations. Those things you put in the jars...shudder! :) The food looks fab too but had to laugh they wouldn't eat the fingers. A bit too realistic?! They all look very cute in their costumes and the reflection of the flash in their eyes is VERY Halloween.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne, it was worth all the effort!! xx

    ReplyDelete